• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Andrew Lincoln leaving The Walking Dead TV Show

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Lincoln also came on EW Radio — along with his castmates — to discuss his exit. While Danai Gurira, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan paid tribute to their friend, Lincoln discussed his exit. “Let me clarify something,” Lincoln began. “Yes, it’s my last season on the TV show, The Walking Dead.” That statement mirrors other cryptic comments by the star that seem designed to either keep fans guessing or leave the door open to him possibly playing Rick Grimes in some other incarnation (video games, film, another spin-off series).

He then went on to talk about what it was like filming his final episodes, which have already wrapped. “Completing the show was like releasing air finally,” says Lincoln. “And it was very satisfying the last two episodes in particular. But doing a panel and having to talk to [thousands of] people in Hall H and then have all my friends hug me at the end? The s— got real, is the truth of the matter.”

As for why the star is leaving the biggest TV series in basic cable history, the reason is simple: family. Lincoln lives in England and The Walking Dead shoots for over half the year in Georgia, keeping him away from his wife and kids for prolonged stretches of time. “I have two young children, and I live in a different country, and they become less portable as they get older,” says the man who helped change the zombified face of television. “It was that simple. It was time for me to come home.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/30/andrew-lincoln-walking-dead/

Respectable. His portrayal of Rick is why I stopped watching. Couldn't stand it after 3 whatever seasons I lasted. But hopefully he does well being with his family and doesn't grow to regret leaving down the road.

sean miguel

I gave up on this show awhile ago. For me it was Negan in his leather jacket, bat in hand, on skis jumping the shark.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
I also stop watching the show once Negan showed up. It was getting boring. Best of luck to Lincoln.

sean miguel

yeah Negan was supposed to be this epic badass but he turned out to be just this ridiculous caricature.

And his name is NEGAN, lol. Who the hell names their kid Negan?

but again, it's a moot point for me.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/30/andrew-lincoln-walking-dead/

Respectable. His portrayal of Rick is why I stopped watching. Couldn't stand it after 3 whatever seasons I lasted. But hopefully he does well being with his family and doesn't grow to regret leaving down the road.

[NOBABE]Lauren Cohan's[/NOBABE] horribly fake southern accent as Maggie is one of the big reasons I stopped watching... I think it was the season that they killed off Hershel. I was OK with Lincoln. But between losing a great character, fake Maggie and a weakening storyline, I got tired of the show.

Rougarou15

Recommendation: www.myFreeOnes.com
Just saw this post. I stopped watching TWD after Frank Darabont was fired. I like his vision of the series, even though, he deviated from the comic after the pilot. To me, season 2, just seemed sort of flat. Plus, I got really tired off alot of these TWD fans, acting as if this was the first time they seen zombies on tv and movies.
I knew of the comic before it was a TV series. I lived by a comic book store, which I use to regularly visit, on top of knew some comic book fans, artists and creators, that had talked about various comics.