• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

BREXIT ~ British Exit Referendum on the 23rd of June

288gto

The government did it.
ok, time to start taxing british bullshit we get. triple raise tax for british crap.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The asshats won, hopefully there isn't any violence or an economic recession.
I hope this doesn't inspire more asshats in America to vote for Trump.

Straight Shooter

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
ITV’s Susanna Reid cornered Farage directly on the morning show Good Morning Britain alongside her cohost Piers Morgan. “The 350 million pounds a week we send to the EU, which we will no longer send to the EU, can you guarantee that’s going to go to the NHS?” pressed Reid (the National Health Service is a public healthcare system in Britain, and the 350 pounds figure equates to about 481 million USD).

And now, on the precipice of world history having just raised the bright flag of victory, Farage began his backtrack. “No I can’t, and I never would have made that claim,” he responded. “One of the mistakes that the Leave campaign made…” he continued before being shut down by Reid.

“That was one of the Leave campaign adverts! That that money was going to go to NHS! That’s why people — many people — voted!” she said incredulously.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/made-a-m...gly-admit-the-leave-promises-now-wont-happen/

:facepalm:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
So England is out, good for them.
I hope every country follows their lead.
I think very few people in all of Europe want this.
Good to see the people are waking up, and its good to see the election wasn't rigged like they are in the USA.
I think it is mostly the mass forced immigration that woke them up.

sean miguel

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
TV’s Susanna Reid cornered Farage directly on the morning show Good Morning Britain alongside her cohost Piers Morgan. “The 350 million pounds a week we send to the EU, which we will no longer send to the EU, can you guarantee that’s going to go to the NHS?” pressed Reid (the National Health Service is a public healthcare system in Britain, and the 350 pounds figure equates to about 481 million USD).

And now, on the precipice of world history having just raised the bright flag of victory, Farage began his backtrack. “No I can’t, and I never would have made that claim,” he responded. “One of the mistakes that the Leave campaign made…” he continued before being shut down by Reid.

“That was one of the Leave campaign adverts! That that money was going to go to NHS! That’s why people — many people — voted!” she said incredulously.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/made-a-m...gly-admit-the-leave-promises-now-wont-happen/

So false promises were made in order to get something monumental passed?

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ar-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

D-rock

I think very few people in all of Europe want this.

Huh....Define "very few".

The first time something like this came up the vote was 48% to 52% where a huge portion of the eligible population voted, so you have a very particular viewpoint. Not to mention most of the younger people voted to stay so it's not likely to become more popular with time.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
Meet Boris Johnson, the english Trump, former mayor of London, one of the main figures of the "Leave" campaign and most probably UK's next PM

boris-johnson-at-shaftebu-001.jpg

As John Oliver noted, a man with the look and the economic insight of Bam Bam from 'The Flintstones'

“The 350 million pounds a week we send to the EU, which we will no longer send to the EU, can you guarantee that’s going to go to the NHS?” pressed Reid (the National Health Service is a public healthcare system in Britain, and the 350 pounds figure equates to about 481 million USD).

Good grief :facepalm:

And furthermore, if Oliver's research is correct, which it sounds it is, it never was 350 million to begin with. It was 190, which is roughly what the UK will have to spend now "just to access the common market".

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
So false promises were made in order to get something monumental passed?

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

One could go around in circles for a long time over this one. But it makes more sense to me that rather than being a false promise this was a monumental mistake on the part of his bean counters, and that trusting in them he went with it, then ultimately (being as the buck stops with him) accepted the blame and humiliation for it.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Now Northern Ireland is talking about leaving the UK and reuniting with the Irish Republic and Scotland wants to have another independence referendum, both want to remain in the EU.
I believe BREXIT is a mistake, but hopefully the change won't be too disruptive to the majority of people directly affected.

Bloodshot Scott

Victory for 'Brexit'!

This is fantastic news, and that fake piece of shit Hillary Clinton must be shitting in her pants now as it's an indication that Trump will have the winds of change blowing in his direction come November. Yes! ;)

Shorty V

We will all be free once.
Those funny Brexiteers want to slow things down.

Cameron is forced, to give the Tories a breather, to keep his useless chair warm until October, and Brave Boris is in no hurry.

Boris, why?

If you, as you've shown your voters and the entire world during the last months, detest the EU that much, why not take the opportunity and leave ASAP?
So that you and your friends can eat straight bananas whenever you want?

Personally, I think Boris is good fun at upperclass London parties, but for the rest....

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Brexit is a triumph for the simple idea that BRITAIN should be ruled by the BRITISH people.

That was my "holy shit" headline from yesterday. I didn't think it'd pass. I knew Trump would dig it. No telling how it unfolds, right now, I think, but I think dominoes might start falling in my lifetime. I told my lady this is history, and I don't think people appreciate what it could mean. But she's also heard me worked up over the Pacific trade pact in the works, and nobody gives a shit about that either.

sean miguel

One could go around in circles for a long time over this one. But it makes more sense to me that rather than being a false promise this was a monumental mistake on the part of his bean counters, and that trusting in them he went with it, then ultimately (being as the buck stops with him) accepted the blame and humiliation for it.

I guess that's one way to spi ... look at it. So an unfulfilled promise? The end result being the same. But didn't the architect of the ACA (that one dude) flat out admit that the public had to be misled in order for it to pass? For our own good of course.

Back on topic.

Congrats you freedom loving Brits, you. I hope it's a portend of what's to come in November here.

Straight Shooter

I guess that's one way to spi ... look at it. So an unfulfilled promise? The end result being the same. But didn't the architect of the ACA (that one dude) flat out admit that the public had to be misled in order for it to pass? For our own good of course.

Back on topic.

Congrats you freedom loving Brits, you. I hope it's a portend of what's to come in November here.

One of the main arguments from the Leave campaign was that if UK left the EU that 350 million pounds would go back into NHS. That's the main reason some voted to leave. I mean for christ sake they had a friggin bus with that promise plastered on it. You could argue whether Obama lied or if it was simply a miscalculation on this part. However if you didn't approve of what he did, you could vote him out of office. With the Brexit there is no going back now, this is final.

ClsWgL2UoAEZZV1.jpg

sean miguel

One of the main arguments from the Leave campaign was that if UK left the EU that 350 million pounds would go back into NHS. That's the main reason some voted to leave. I mean for christ sake they had a friggin bus with that promise plastered on it. You could argue whether Obama lied or if it was simply a miscalculation on this part. However if you didn't approve of what he did, you could vote him out of office. With the Brexit there is no going back now, this is final.

View attachment 487574

Ooh, they had a bus! How many times did Obama make his promise? Someone counted. And the President's words carry more weight than a bus billboard, I would hope. Vote him out of office or wait him out but there's still the matter of overturning the actual legislation signed into law. Or could a president Trump do that with his pen and his phone?

Granted, I'm not familiar with the EU charter and bylaws, but how is the Brexit "final" as in forever? Scotland is going to once again hold a referendum to leave the UK in light of recent events.

Straight Shooter

Ooh, they had a bus! How many times did Obama make his promise? Someone counted. And the President's words carry more weight than a bus billboard, I would hope. Vote him out of office or wait him out but there's still the matter of overturning the actual legislation signed into law. Or could a president Trump do that with his pen and his phone?

Granted, I'm not familiar with the EU charter and bylaws, but how is the Brexit "final" as in forever? Scotland is going to once again hold a referendum to leave the UK in light of recent events.

There's no going back now. The UK will invoke Article 50, which is the legal mechanism of withdrawal and they'll begin at least a two year process of exit talks with the EU.