• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mets 2022

legmann61

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, Freeones lasts forever
Hoping to find like-minded diehard #Mets fans to discuss the off-season and upcoming 2022 season.

All opinions welcome, but Mets' haters need not reply! ;)

Let's talk Mets rumors, projected lineups, trades. etc.

Meanwhile, one of my favorite Mets' moments of 2021, enjoy and .... LFGM!

Last edited:

legmann61

The Mets went on a Black_Friday spending spree:
https://www.mlb.com/news/starling-marte-mets-deal

Their outfield was completely transformed in one night.

Love these moves, all very versatile, high OBP guys.
This also probably eliminates the need for Kris Bryant.
But I wouldn't rule out Javy Baez just yet.

Lots of rumors flying that they could sign Gausman by Monday.
I'm skeptical about Gausman. But I'd love to see a Stroman reunion.

Reactions: sj1

legmann61

IT HAS HAPPENED!!

Max.png

SOURCE

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Wow. I heard the rumors over the weekend, but didn’t believe they would land him. Max seemed to want to stay on the west coast.

legmann61

Wow. I heard the rumors over the weekend, but didn’t believe they would land him. Max seemed to want to stay on the west coast.

Money talks....lots and lots of Steve Cohen money! ;)

With Scherzer and deGrom, Mets now have the best 1-2 in all of baseball. FIVE Cy Youngs between them!

Now let's wait and see if they'll bring back Javy....

Reactions: sj1

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
All opinions welcome, but Mets' haters need not reply! ;)
No haters? ... You know that I have to say this ...

So Max Scherzer signed. They can't give him 31. That's Mike Piazza's number and it's retired. Best to give him Nolan Ryan's 30. Michael Conforto won't be using it. He won't be back. Nolan Ryan also was 34 in 1966. That's also available as Noah Syndergaard left for the Anaheim Angels.

Marcus Stroman and even Steven Matz should also be considered as potential Mets signings.

Jacob DeGrom will be a broken down pitcher. He's going to need his second Tommy John surgery eventually. I bet you that he'll be out most of 2022.

Whenever a player joins the Mets bad luck happens to them. It's their history. The franchise is cursed.

I just hope the Mets have a good season. Not like 1992 and 1993. Remember Bobby Bonilla's first go round?

Now let's wait and see if they'll bring back Javy....
Javier Baez? Where are they going to play Robinson Cano? They owe Cano a boat load of cash. Best to keep Cano at second base. Okay. Let's say they do sign Javier Baez and play him at third. Then you lose Jeff McNeil's bat. Even J.D. Davis' bat too. Play McNeil or Davis in left field? Then Dominic Smith and either McNeil or Davis become bench players.

Last edited:

legmann61

Well done, Steve Cohen and Mets. The Civil War buff deserves it. Actually Keith is kind of a historian on the American Civil War.

Keith really does deserve it. Not only for being the heart and soul of the 86 squad, but also for being one of the smartest and funniest color analysts in MLB.

As a lifelong Mets fan, it's awesome to see ownership FINALLY recognizing their history. Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon never even thought about such things.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Keith really does deserve it. Not only for being the heart and soul of the 86 squad, but also for being one of the smartest and funniest color analysts in MLB.

As a lifelong Mets fan, it's awesome to see ownership FINALLY recognizing their history. Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon never even thought about such things.
Uniform Number # 5? Jim Beauchamp? Just kidding. Of course that's David Wright. The team needs to retire his number. They should do it on the anniversary of the first time he shows up on the BBWAA Hall of Fame ballot. Regardless of should he become part of the Cooperstown New York landscape at that time or he may not get voted in. That depends on the baseball gods and those same sportswriters. In his case and ours, for Citi Field, that would be in two years, 2024.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member

So Max Scherzer signed.

Jacob DeGrom will be a broken down pitcher. He's going to need his second Tommy John surgery eventually. I bet you that he'll be out most of 2022.

The franchise is cursed.
Hey, the first prediction came true. Here we go again. Sorry Mets fans.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member

So Max Scherzer signed.

Whenever a player joins the Mets bad luck happens to them. The franchise is cursed.

Max Scherzer just went down with a right hamstring injury putting his Opening Day start in doubt.

Well, it seems the second prediction just came true.

Unbelievable. Here we go again. Sorry Mets fans.

Reports are saying that the Mets are looking to deal Dominic Smith to the Padres for Chris Paddock and Eric Hosmer. Though I don't see why the Padres would trade Hosmer. Most likely, this would be a straight up trade. Smith for Paddock.

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Don’t be looking forward to the Mets playing tonight (or tomorrow). There is hockey weather starting in Denver. ❄️ ☃️

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
@legmann61 - You jinxed yourself and other Mets fans by putting up this thread. Now you know why Buck Showalter is not a good manager. He failed to win with the Yankees, he failed to win in Arizona. He couldn't win in Texas or Baltimore. And those last two teams were rebuilding. He constantly gets outmanaged in crucial series. Bob Melvin, the ex-manager of the A's (who is a playoff proven manager) didn't have to do much for the Padres in the Wild Card series other than just putting out the lineup card he made up for game three. Joe Musgrove is a very good pitcher. He was going for another no-hitter and had one through four innings.

Their key free agent signing Max Scherzer was horrible in game one of the Wild Card series. He's failed before in big games. Remember the Tigers in game four of the World Series 2012? Six and a third innings, seven hits, eight strikeouts but he allowed three runs to the Giants. (Phil Coke was the losing pitcher) He's only a .500 pitcher in playoff games. His ERA? Not a very impressive 3.58. With Scherzer -- it's hit or miss. Without pressure, like the regular season, he's outstanding. (Remind you of anybody else? Armando Benitez, Alex Rodriguez?) But when the pressure is on, he just is not very good. Last year, when he relieved last year for the Dodgers in game five of the NLDS, had the home plate umpire not overruled the first base umpire, Wilmer Flores would not have struck out on that checked swing. He would have walked and the Giants would have continued to threaten and maybe they would have won. Facing the Braves in the NLCS. In 2022, Max Scherzer again failed late in the season, as shown, in that big three game series last weekend in Atlanta. This is now twice in a row.

The Mets, with the biggest payroll in MLB, have failed again. I honestly feel that this franchise is cursed. This will tell you the reason why money can't win you championships. No one will remember that this team won a hundred and one games. The (WS) ring is the thing.

Last edited: