• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2021-2022 Season

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Sad news out of Elmont today. Number Nine - The Captain - has passed away.

Clark Gillies 1954-2022

Clark Gillies1.jpg
Clark Gillies2.jpg
Clark Gillies2a.jpg
clark-gillies.jpg

=====
Clark Gillies3.jpg

Clark Gillies5.jpg

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Looking at those photos reminds me how crazy of a time it was when players, including goalies (until Plante) didn't wear helmets or masks.

tvstrip

We don't have a 2023 NHL thread, so...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...to-wear-pride-night-jerseys-deserve-scrutiny/
James Reimer, other NHL players declining to wear Pride Night jerseys deserve scrutiny
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov, who declined in January to wear his team’s Pride Night jersey, saying it ran contrary to his Russian Orthodox faith.
Things snowballed from there. The Minnesota Wild absconded from Pride Night jerseys as a team, and the New York Rangers canceled a planned Pride Night altogether. On Wednesday, The Associated Press reported that the Chicago Blackhawks will not wear Pride-themed jerseys before Sunday’s game because of security concerns involving Russian law (defenseman Nikita Zaitsev is a Moscow native, and others have connections to the country).

It's one thing if you're anti-LGBTQ, but it seems wrong to not be able to remain neutral. Is it right to have to be pressured into being a supporter? Isn't that the type of bulling that they're trying to avoid?

tvstrip

While the OT comeback win for the Leafs was great, the loss tonight must have fans worried about the losing "streak" continuing.

tvstrip

Looks like "Leaf eliminated from the playoffs" day is coming a little later this year.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The Boston Bruins choked simple as that.

In the Western Conference, the Dallas Stars won last night over the Kraken. Now on to face the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

In the Eastern Conference, the Florida Panthers face the Carolina Hurricanes.