• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Police: He's not racist, he was just having "a really bad day"

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Death penalty sought against spa shooting suspect
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/spa-shootings-suspect-indictment/index.html

I know capital punishment is controversial, but I really hope he rots in hell. In times where a murderer's guilt is beyond ALL doubt, this should always be an option.
And finally they're recognizing this as a hate crime? About fucking time.

Plus, there will be no "Oh, the jury was afraid of riots" BS here.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Death penalty sought against spa shooting suspect
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/spa-shootings-suspect-indictment/index.html

I know capital punishment is controversial, but I really hope he rots in hell. In times where a murderer's guilt is beyond ALL doubt, this should always be an option.
And finally they're recognizing this as a hate crime? About fucking time.

Plus, there will be no "Oh, the jury was afraid of riots" BS here.
No controversy for me. He earned swift and fatal justice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-boys-11-17-arrested-181320599.html

Two boys, 11 and 17, arrested in connection with violent robbery of elderly Asian man

David K. Li
Thu, May 13, 2021, 11:13 AM

Two boys, including an 11-year-old caught driving a stolen car, were arrested Wednesday after a violent robbery of an elderly Asian man in Northern California, officials said.
The 80-year-old victim was strolling near the 14200 block of Acapulco Road in San Leandro, about 12 miles south of downtown Oakland, Saturday afternoon when two people in hoodies jumped him and swiped his Fitbit in an attack captured on a home security camera.
The suspects, 11 and 17, were arrested at 1:50 p.m. PT on Wednesday, authorities said. The younger one was driving a vehicle that had been taken in a carjacking in Oakland on Monday, according to San Leandro police.
The boys are also being investigated in connection with "other crimes these juveniles may be associated with," police said in a statement.

"We are thankful that we were able to capture these juveniles safely and expeditiously,” police Lt. Ali Khan said in the statement.

It wasn't immediately clear what role, if any, race might have played in the attack. The suspects' races have not been released.

Lawyers for the boys and a representative for the Alameda County District Attorney's Office could not be immediately reached for comment Thursday.

The status of the victim is unclear.

A recent analysis of hate crime data revealed that the increase in anti-Asian attacks has remained consistent.

The analysis, released by the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino, found that hate crimes surged 169 percent when comparing the first quarter of 2021 to the same time period in 2020 across 15 major cities.

New York City accounted for the largest surge, from 13 hate crimes in the first quarter of 2020 to 42 in the same period this year — a 223 percent jump, according to the research.

The Senate last month overwhelmingly passed legislation aimed at combating this rise in anti-Asian crimes.

gmase

A bill passed the House bolstering resources for addressing hate crimes. It passed the Senate 94-1 (Josh Hawley was the lone dissenter). With 424 members voting, how many Republicans against it? Two, three, four ...
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/northam-top-us-world/2021/05/18/id/1021872/
https://www.oann.com/house-overwhelmingly-passes-anti-asian-hate-crime-bill/

Top conservatives such as Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) argue the bill causes confusion, pointing out how the legislation creates a new state office to oversee instances of those hate crimes instead of reporting them to police. He further criticized a clause in the bill which would create a hot line where victims could report anything they find offensive, saying it opens the door to infringements on free speech. He also added Democrats refused to work with the GOP every step of the way.

tvstrip

It can sometimes be a grey line. What do you guys think about this one?

https://globalnews.ca/news/8033927/black-halifax-police-officer-racial-profiling/

An off-duty black police officer and his wife are pulled over by 2 police vehicles. They allege one of the officers pointed a carbine rifle at them.
The police were investigating a fleeing shooting suspect whose vehicle matched the complainant.

In a statement, they say the police stop came during an unfolding event – a shooting where the alleged fleeing vehicle of the suspect was reported to be a white SUV, with an out of province license plate and tinted windows.

“The high risk traffic stop involved a vehicle that matched the suspect vehicle description, with an out of province licence plate, that was coming from the direction of the nearby community,” the RCMP statement says.

The RCMP say they have examined the officers’ actions and stand by how it was handled.

“From the information we have gathered, the traffic stop and the tactics employed by our members were in line with RCMP policy and training,” the statement says. “Additionally, our members ensured a safe outcome to a very stressful situation, through a professional and measured response.

“We can confirm a gun was drawn but not pointed at anyone during the traffic stop,” the statement goes on to say. “We have received a complaint related to the traffic stop, which we take very seriously. The complaint has been provided to our Professional Responsibilities Unit and a public complaint file has been opened for thorough investigation. Should new information come to light through this investigation, we will take any and all appropriate actions.”

The couple have since filed a complaint, saying it's racial profiling and an example of "driving while black"
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/07...mplaint-for-driving-while-black-stop-by-rcmp/

What do you think?

gmase

At noon-30, it seems a bit excessive. Getting pulled over is one thing, but being forced from the vehicle at gunpoint seems a bit excessive. If it was midnight, then the circumstances would be different.

He complied and was not shot during the interaction. Why he was pulled over in the first place should be addressed.

gmase

She was certainly racist AND having a bad day. I expected better from the fine citizens of Des Moines.

25 years from the Feds (on top of the state charges) for driving into two minors - one black and the other Latino - in separate attacks.

Why? A 14-year girl was walking home from school. Because the girl looked Middle Eastern or African, she needed taken out because she was ISIS. After leaving that incident, the driver found another kid walking home from school. That kid (12-years old) looked Hispanic and was ‘takin over … our homes, and our jobs [and] wasn’t supposed to be in our country.’

https://cbs2iowa.com/amp/news/local...rs-in-prison-for-racist-attacks-on-two-minors

daa2cb8b-c41c-4a6c-beec-abfedef8ea4a-large16x9_NICOLEPOOLEFRANKLIN.PNG

tvstrip

Hamilton man charged with promoting hate online against Muslim people: police​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/muslim-hate-1.6145160

A Hamilton man has been arrested after police say he promoted hatred against the Muslim community online.
Police say the man targeted people on social media and promoted hatred against them after an attack in London, Ont., in June, where four members of a family were killed.
Police say they were notified about the social media posts from the Hamilton man and investigated.
The 26-year-old was arrested on Monday, according to the service. He faces a charge for wilful promotion of hatred.
Police need permission from the attorney general to lay that charge and say this was the first time they were granted permission.

Police charged a guy in Canada for spreading Anti-Islamic posts on social media (Instagram). They must have been really bad if the AG gave permission to pursue the charges for the first time, ever. I can only imagine how this would have been taken if it happened in the US. It's a delicate balance between free speech and hate speech, but it's nice to see them at least getting the ball rolling to see how the courts will react to it.

tvstrip

I think we can make this a catch-all for racism, and Jimmy Yang is one of the best comedians right now on the subject.

tvstrip

***Viewer Discretion Warning****

Did race play a role?
Yes, she was agitated. Good chance of mental health issues. Possible language barrier. She seemed genuinely fearful that they were home intruders.

So what do they do? They escalate the situation by calling for backup and send a whole squad in there. For one woman. How is that an appropriate reaction?

-It was a fucking notice to evict. Not a drug bust, murder suspect, etc. What was the rush?
-What was the emergency that they needed to draw their weapons? If the knife was a concern, they could have backed away from the door and lowered their weapons. Instead, they demanded that she drop the knife (and some saying "the gun" when there wasn't one), while keeping multiple beads on her. What did they expect she was going to do?
-Call in a mental health expert. Call a fucking translator or family member. Literally anyone who would have tried to communicate with her instead of threatening her life. "Nah, lets just call in even more guys with more guns."

You can't claim self defense when you're the one who escalated the situation to that point, and you're the one going into someone's residence with guns drawn.

Last edited:

tvstrip

Judging from viewing the video speculating race was a motive seems like a desperate reach. Before we start playing card games let’s take a look at the hand right in front of our face.
Fair enough. But let's be clear, we're not contesting that she was shot because she was Asian. She was shot because she stabbed an officer with a knife. The question is whether race played a role in it getting to that point.

Point of contention is that you have to notice his manner at the very, very beginning. He was just there to serve the notice, that's it. Not there to physically evict her. Yet he jumps straight to "put the fucking knife down or I'll shoot!!". She clearly wasn't indicating that she was a threat until he pulled his weapon at her. She even accepted the papers without threatening to stab him, and in fact, she doesn't even seem agitated at all until he starts threatening her.

There's room for debate whether race was an issue as to why he didn't just leave after he did his job by giving her the notice. Willing to bet that he would have treated a black or Hispanic person the same way, and to question if he would have treated/spoken to a white person differently.

Fair enough. But let's be clear, we're not contesting that she was shot because she was Asian. She was shot because she stabbed an officer with a knife. The question is whether race played a role in it getting to that point.

Point of contention is that you have to notice his manner at the very, very beginning. He was just there to serve the notice, that's it. Not there to physically evict her. Yet he jumps straight to "put the fucking knife down or I'll shoot!!". She clearly wasn't indicating that she was a threat until he pulled his weapon at her. She even accepted the papers without threatening to stab him, and in fact, she doesn't even seem agitated at all until he starts threatening her.

There's room for debate whether race was an issue as to why he didn't just leave after he did his job by giving her the notice. Willing to bet that he would have treated a black or Hispanic person the same way, and to question if he would have treated/spoken to a white person differently.

The higher-ups will determine the quality of the overall shooting. But as far as race being a factor I do not think there is any meat on the bones for a debate. Every unfortunate outcome is not the result of racism despite the media having a fetish playing The Six Degrees Of Racism at every turn.